So I was practicing m7b5, Dim7 and #11 chord scale voicings.
Here’s a little Etude that I put together.
Mastering an instrument takes time so be patient and always practice with a metronome and start off SLOW.
Tips for Practice To Remember :
- Schedule regular practice time.
- Use your time for practice efficiently.
- learn your fretboard notes
- learn how to construct chords
- ALWAYS use a metronome
- ALWAYS practice slowly and only increase speed once mastered at a slower tempo
- warm up with a combination of scales and chords
- Practice chords and their inversions in different positions
- Practice scales up and down the neck
- Practice a song
- Free-Play to just improvise along your fretboard. This is important as it helps also train the ear. Be patient.
- The information contained on this site can take a lifetime to master but most importantly Have fun.
Who Are Your Lap Steel Guitar Heroes? Or Inspiration?
- Maurice Anderson
- Billy Robinson
- Bobbe Seymour
- Jerry Byrd
- Herb Remington
- Darrick Campbell
- Mike Neer
- Ben Harper
- Bill Hatcher
These are just the few that pop out of my head but I know there are many other legends that I have left off.