- Playing Chords
- Forward Strum Utilised when Chordal playing/rhythm and moving from low strings to high strings
- Reverse Strum Utilised when Chordal playing/rhythm and moving from High strings to Low strings
- Used when playing Harmonics
- Used when Doing rhythm accompaniment
- used when Octave melody work – Jazz Wes Montgomery style
Chordal work can be approached by a sweeping motion toward or away from the player across desired strings. Either using the Thumb or Index finger mainly or sometime both.